This is a piece from the Washington Post:
"Anthropologists and linguists who have studied children at play have noted that girls form bonds by telling secrets. Here too Brizendine fines "a biological reason"; "Connecting through talking activates the pleasure centers in girl's brain. Sharing secrets that have romantic and sexual implications activates those centers even more...It's a major dopamine and oxytocin rush."
This explains so much about my 6th grade girls! This explains so much about all the lessons learned about not telling secrets!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
2 months ago
2 comments:
haha! so true! i was never any good at keeping secrets, sad to say. (i could will my CLOSEST girlfriends, but only maybe one or two!) it all makes sense!
What a great excuse! It's not my fault-its how I'm wired!?
I love the saying "We'll always be friends-you know too much about me to not"
I often forget the secret before I pass it on and that keeps me from getting into too much trouble!
Post a Comment