I must first start off by saying that Harry has my heart. I worship the ground that boy walks on! I have not had much time during this pregnancy to sit and soak in the fact that I am having a little girl. I have always loved the idea of having a little girl, although there are a few things I do not want to experience with a girl. I the girl drama. I am excited about the tea parties, best friend for life, hairbows, cute clothes, pinkstuff, gettign our nails done, and of course teaching her all thing things I have been taught by the great women in my life.
Georgia Kelley is entering into a family of strong wonderful women. Chad and I both have strong Christian women from both sides of our parent's families. It is no secret that I have a very special bond with my Grandmother Georgia. I also have a mom as who is my best friend. They have taught me so much, and given me so much of my confidence. I also have a very special relationship with my mom's sisters. Each of them have been super supportive of me ever since I was tiny. I seek a lot of advice and wisdom from them. Their view on life is very inspiring to me.
That all being said, Chad and I have asked his mom and sister and my mom and sister to be in the the delievery room when Georgia Kelley is born. This is a personal choice for personal reasons. One being how important it is for Georgia Kelley to keep advice and deep relationships with the women who have her best interest at heart. I feel like this will symbolize the beginning of the strong legacy she has been given. These four women are not the only women who will influence her in a deep way, she also has the other wonderful women in my life to watch and learn from. The women I surround myself with, will hopefully be the women she seeks counsel from. I have been praying that I keep surrounding myself with women of virtue. I also know that Georgia Kelley will follow my lead. I pray that God will give her a desire to follow Him and that she admires and appreciates Godly and wise women.
Proverbs 19:20-21
20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction,
That you may be wise in your latter days.
21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the LORD’s counsel—that will stand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This post brought tears to my eyes. You are such an amazing mom Amanda! And you do have some amazing women in your life! I love posts like this where I feel like I just got to know you a little bit better. I can't wait to watch the bond you and little Georgia Kelley are going to form!
So i read your comment about dog sitting.. so going to take you up on that.. callaway loves kids, he loves kids even more that will run and play! he has never bitten anyone!
So sad i missed the shower.. hope you like the present. I am hoping to get a "blog following" I am thinking about trying to get ad's for free stuff of course!! note the one about ugss.. you should do it to.. that is why i am now publicly following you, and the train wreck, not that yall are in the same category!!
Post a Comment